Dementia Home Care
A diagnosis of Dementia doesn’t have to mean that you, or your loved one with Dementia, must leave home and familiar environment to go into residential care. With the help of experienced and professional Dementia Caregivers at Home Care Assistance, West Coast Perth you, or your senior loved one with Dementia, can remain living at home.
Consistent routines and faces make a big impact on the care of someone with Dementia, which is why we assign a dedicated care team of between 1-3 care professionals, plus your Care Manager, who are carefully hand picked to match your loved one’s needs and personality. If for any reason you are not entirely comfortable with any of the team, we can swap the Caregivers out until the optimal team is in place.
With the help of your trusted and reliable Dementia Care Team, you as the carer can be supported and assured that you can step back and take care of yourself to recharge and avoid getting burned out. Having this extended support system can also make it easier on you and your loved one with dementia in the event that you need to be away for any period of time (such as an unexpected hospital visit, or a planned holiday).
Some of the areas that our experienced Dementia Home Care caregivers can assist with are:
- Assessing and assisting to prepare the home environment in a way that compensates for the effects of dementia, and supports the retained skills and functions of your loved one.
- Help with daily activities and light housekeeping
- Bathing, dressing, and incontinence assistance
- Around-the-clock monitoring to reduce fall risk and wandering
- Medication reminders to ensure proper dosages are taken
- Transportation for medical appointments and errands
- Stimulating conversation to encourage engagement
- Encouraging physical fitness to increase blood flow to the brain
- Inclusion of our The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ at no extra cost
Home Care Assistance, West Coast Perth care teams provide support anywhere from hourly visits, up to full time live-in home care to support the needs of your loved one with dementia. Subsidies are available to assist with the cost of caring for your loved one, which can go towards the cost of round the clock, one-on-one support and care from an experienced professional.
To find out more about Dementia Home Care, and how we can assist you and your loved one, fill in the contact form on this page or call us on (08) 9385 5675 any time to find out more.
Schedule a Consultation
to speak to a Care Manager Now