Home Care Package – Help at Home in Perth
A Commonwealth Government subsidised Home Care Package provides you with the support services you need to remain living in your own home.
Why clients choose Home Care Assistance, West Coast Perth as their HCP provider.
- No hidden charges and No Exit fees, just a small Package and Case Management fee which means more of your budget will be spent on Home Care services you really need.
- Outstanding quality and consistency of care, with an individual Care Plan negotiated with you and regularly reviewed. A Caregiver you will like. Schedules you will know in advance.
- Friendly, regular and timely communication, with easy to understand monthly Home Care Package statements.
The information below will give you a little more detail on the Home Care Package program.
You can also call (08) 9385 5675 to speak to an experienced care manager at any time, who will be able to help you find out more about activating your Home Care Package, or switching providers to make sure you are getting the most from your Package.
Home care package services can include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Care: help with activities of daily living such as showering, dressing & toileting.
- Meal Preparation & Nutrition: help to prepare meals, including specific dietary requirements for religious or personal preferences, assistance with eating, and hydration.
- Continence management: help using aids such as commode chairs, catheters and disposable pads.
- Access to allied health services: access to specialist services such as speech therapy, podiatry, occupational or physiotherapy services and hearing and vision services.
- Transport: assistance with shopping, visiting health practitioners and attending social activities.
- Management of skin integrity: assistance with bandages, dressings and skin emollients.
- Home modification and maintenance: help with minor home maintenance and gardening as well installing equipment such as grab rails.
Home Care Package Restrictions:
There are services that you must not use home care package funds for:
- items that would normally be purchased out of general income
- buying food, except as part of enteral feeding requirements
- payment for permanent accommodation, including assistance with home purchase, mortgage payments or rent
- payment of home care fees
- payment of fees or charges for other types of care funded or jointly funded by the Australian Government
- home modifications or assets that are not related to your care needs
- travel and accommodation for holidays
- cost of entertainment activities, such as club memberships and tickets to sporting events
- gambling activities
- payment for services and items covered by the Medicare Benefits Schedule or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
The costs you may have to pay to access a Home Care Package are as follows:
- Basic Daily Fee (an optional charge some service providers charge, Home Care Assistance, West Coast Perth does not charge tihs fee)
- Income Tested Care Fee (if you earn over a certain amount – assessment completed by Department of Human Services)
- Additional fees for extra care or services not covered by your home care package
To estimate the fees that you could be asked to contribute towards your care, visit: https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/fee-estimator/home-care/form
The Home Care Package Provider that you choose may also charge fees on top of their hourly service rates to cover administration and case mangement. Therefore, it is a good idea to have a look at the My Aged Care “Researching Home Care – Considerations and Checklist” when you are researching providers, and ask key questions so that you understand all of the costs involved, and what level of support each provider will be able to deliver.
Home Care Assistance, West Coast Perth does not charge the Basic Daily Fee and has No Administration or Case Management Fees. There is no charge for Care Plan Reviews and No Exit Fees. We don’t believe in hidden charges. This all means that you will be able to access 30-40% more care hours for the same Home Care Package with us than with most other providers.
You may be eligible for a Home Care Package if you are:
- an older person who needs coordinated services to help you to stay in your home
- a younger person with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through other specialist services
There are no minimum age requirements or residency restrictions but home care packages are not intended for visitors to Australia or people requiring temporary or short-term care.
The first step to finding out if you are eligible for a Home Care Package, is to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
The My Aged Care contact centre will ask you a series of questions to determine if you need an assessment, and will refer you to your local Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
During the assessment the ACAT team member will determine if you are eligible for a home care package, and which package level best meets your care needs. There are four levels:
- Level 1 – basic care needs
- Level 2 – low-level care needs
- Level 3 – intermediate care needs
- Level 4 – high-level care needs.
Find out more about what is involved in an ACAT assessment by clicking here
Schedule a Consultation
to speak to a Care Manager Now